› iPad ›
Hide or show battery information / percentage on iPad
By default, your iPad will display a battery icon in the top right corner of the screen, along with a percentage of estimated battery life left before you need to connect your iPad back on a power source to recharge its batteries. One of the general settings allows you to turn off part of this information, and show it back later on. This tutorial will explain how to show or hide detailed battery information on iPad. This setting will not disable low-power notifications from your iPad, only remove any text and show only the battery icon.
Show or hide percentage of battery life on iPad
Follow these steps to customize this power setting on your iPad:
- First, tap on the "Settings" button to access your iPad preferences.
- The "General" options will be selected by default (if not, tap on "General" on the left side of the screen).
- Flick up to scroll down to the very bottom of the list of the right hand side, and you will see an option labeled "Battery Percentage", which is enabled by default (the On-Off switch on the right should show the text "On" with a blue background).
- Tap once on the Battery Percentage switch, and your iPad will turn off the setting, and immediately apply it: look at the top right corner of the screen, and the battery life information now only shows the icon of a filled-to-empty battery, which visually is nearly as clear as having the actual percentage of power left on your iPad.
- You are done, and can now press the "Home" button to return to what you were doing; if you decide later on that you want the power percentage displayed back in the top right corner, just follow the steps above and re-enable this setting.
As mentioned earlier, this setting only affects the visibility of the percentage value of battery life left in your iPad. It will not affect other settings like low-power notifications, and will not have a measurable effect on battery life one way or the other. So whatever you prefer, goes!