› iPad ›
Change iTunes Store password from iPad
As soon as you active your iPad, you will need to connect it to your Apple ID (email address) and supply the correct password; but what if you change your password from iTunes itself, or from another device (like iPhone or iPod touch)? You can just as easily update your credentials from your iPad; in this tutorial, we will explain how to change your iTunes password from your iPad.
Change iTunes password from iPad
Follow these steps to update your iPad password:
- Click on the "Home" button, find the "Settings" icon, and then tap on it.
- Once the iPad Settings screen loads, the "General" settings is automatically selected.
- Tap on the "Store" category on the left.
- Then, tap on the "View Account" button.
- your iPad will display a "Sign in Required" message: "Tap Continue and sign in to view account information".
- Tap on "Continue", and an "iTunes Password" dialog will open, with your Apple ID (email address) prefilled, and a blank field to enter your password. Type in your new password, and you are done.
- Whenever your iPad asks for a password, just enter the current one.
- If you want to actually change your iTunes Store password from the iPad (not just update it), tap on your Apple ID, and your iPad will display the "Edit Account Info" screen: to change your password, tap inside the "Password" field, and type your new password; then, tap on the "Verify" text field, and re-type your new password.
- Tap on the "Done" button, and your Apple ID (email address) is now associated with your new iTunes password: remember to enter the new password from iTunes itself, as well as any devices connected to your Apple ID, like iPhones or iPods. Tap on the next "Done" button to return to you iPad Settings screen.
This is all you need to do to update your password (correct a wrong password), or change to a new iTunes password from your iPad.